Monday, July 11, 2005

My Civic Duty...


So, I was called for Jury Duty this week. 9 months in McLean County and my name, social security number, or whatever they use, gets drawn. Of course, I'm so special that out of all the potential jurors, I even get chosen to sit on the jury of 12. I guess it's not as bad as it sounds though...the lighting in the courtroom is kind of harsh. I may have a good sized headache by the end of tomorrow, but everything else seems okay. I get free parking, a free lunch, and ten bucks for each day plus mileage! :) Now, before you get too jealous, it's supposed to be a short trial. I'll probably be done by Wednesday. It's no Law and Order, but it should be interesting...Hopefully, I won't end up in a real life "Twelve Angry Men," or anything like that. Wish me luck!


No comments: