Saturday, July 23, 2005

Abandon all hope ye who travel to Pennsylvania!

Ok...it's not that bad as a whole. Just the part my wife Sarah, my sister Anne, her friend Shannon, and I traversed yesterday. But I should back up a step or two.
We're here in Pennsylvania for a family reunion. Danville, PA to be precise. Tourist attractions and stuff to do in general of any quality are tough to find. It seems a little backwards here. Anyway, we began our day by going to a brewery in Pottsville. This town is out of control...stay away. The brewery was kind of cool, but nowhere near worth the hassle of driving there and navigating the labyrinth that is there street system. Just in case you're interested, it's the Yeungling Brewery...supposedly the oldest brewery in the US. http://www.yuengling.com/

Then we went to a "theme park" yesterday called Knoebel's (http://www.knoebels.com/). Believe me...the website makes it look a lot better than it actually is. I can't even translate into words how much yesterday pissed me off. Maybe a picture will do it.


Yeah, that's a pretty accurate representation of my mood yesterday. BUT, the girls had fun which was the most important thing.

Hopefully today will be a much better day. It's almost noon and we have done nothing. So I'm money ahead already!

We'll see what happens...

No comments: