Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Last week of laziness

It's Tuesday...T-minus four days left and counting. On Monday I'm reentering the workforce. Long story short: I used to work in radio. I had a job that I liked. I create radio commercials. I wrote them, voiced them, and produced them. Unfortunately for me, I got fired (Not my fault. I got hosed, Tommy!) So I took another job out of sheer desperation...radio sales for a company that I had previously worked for. I hated it and quit after three weeks.
Now, I'm about to embark on an adventure that hopefully will be pretty rewarding. I'll be working with a non for profit organization taking a motivational presentation to area schools. It's not one of those "I'm Matt Foley and I am a motivational speaker!" And I certainly don't live in a van down by the river. It's a forty minute presentation utilizing movies, music, celebrities, and sports stars...plus, stories from real people. It's powerful and engaging. Hopefully, we'll be able to reach some kids.
So, I am 'enjoying' my last week of doing nothing. Which means I'll be doing laundry and cleaning the house.
Tip of the day: Stay away from the radio business!

No comments: