Saturday, March 05, 2005

Harry's Origin or 'Pay attention to where you're driving, stupid.'

January 3rd, 2005. Location...Beardstown, IL. I was shooting pictures at the new middle/high school for my father-in-law. My sister-in-law Hannah found me in the hallway and asked if I could bring her (forgotten) gym clothes to her at lunch. I agreed, finished shooting, and made my way back to my in-law's house. I grabbed Hannah's gym clothes, walked to my car, and pulled away. Not ten feet from the house, I felt a *thump*. My stomach dropped. I knew there were no sticks in the road. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw this little puppy stand up in the middle of the street...and fall down. I wrapped him up, brought him inside, and my father-in-law called Animal Control. I swear I thought this poor little guy was dying in front of my eyes. Animal Control showed up and told us that if nobody claimed him within 24 hours, they'd probably have to put him to sleep. The next day, I called Animal Control and asked about the puppy. Miraculously, he was not only alive...but doing well. At least as well as one can be after being run over BY A CAR. He found a great foster family to temporarily take care of him. Needless to say, Sarah and I fell in love with Harry. So now...we have a dog.
He's doubled in size and weight since we got him. He's five months now, so we're not sure how much more he's going to grow.

No comments: