Monday, March 23, 2009

Adventures at Bathtime

Wow, I can't believe it's only been three weeks since my last entry. It feels as though it's been a lot longer!

Izzy is now 2 months old and becoming more fun every day. We get smiles pretty frequently and we're getting anxious to hear her first laugh. On Wednesday, we'll go to the doctor for her first shots, which I'm not looking forward to at all- but I have a feeling she'll do pretty well (or as well as anyone can when they get FOUR shots!)

I'm on Spring Break this week, so we enjoyed the day at home today. Around 3:00 I decided it was time to give her a bath. She had just finished a nap and was in a pretty good mood, so it seemed as good a time as any. I put her on the changing table and stripped her down, removing a wet diaper in the process. I gave her an extra minute in case she decided to pee again, then I picked her up and headed to the bathroom. About halfway through the 15 foot trip from the nursery to the tub, I felt something warm on my arm. Upon entering the bathroom and catching our reflection in the mirror I realized that it was not the pee I had expected, but poop!

That's right, my beautiful daughter pooped on me today! I was so stunned that I didn't really know what to do. I went back to her room to grab a baby wipe and the pooping continued! We ended up going back to the bathroom and staying by the sink until the horror subsided. In the meantime, I made quite a mess of the sink, my shirt, and my naked baby. By the time I finally got her into the tub, she was NOT happy.

Once I got her out of the tub and dressed, things calmed down again and we even made a trip to the grocery store without incident. But bathtime was definitely an event worth recording. :)



No comments: