Monday, February 23, 2009

Life on Mars

Stolen from the TV show, yes, but totally appropriate nonetheless. Isabelle is already one month old and, of course, life is totally different. Thus, it's like being on Mars. :)

My days are now measured by my ability to shower, brush my teeth, and generally behave like a human being. Today I have done all of the above! The first three weeks were definitely the most difficult experience I have ever had but I can now officially say that I enjoy motherhood. Two weeks ago...not so much! Thank God for good friends, an amazing husband, and the world's greatest mom!

Though she only sleeps peacefully in her car seat right now, Izzy has started sleeping much better at night which makes the days much more enjoyable. And yesterday, at exactly one month old...she rolled over! Most likely by accident, but it was still cool. :) She smiles and laughs, but only in her sleep. We can't wait to see an awake smile and hear a real laugh for the first time.

I'd love to be able to come up with something profound to say right now...but baby stole my brain (I'm trying to milk that saying as long as possible...no pun intended!).

No comments: