Saturday, January 17, 2009

Extreme Cold + Pregnancy = Extreme Boredom

Not exactly an equation on par with the likes of Einstein, but equally true as far as I'm concerned. Not only has it been too cold to really get out and do much of anything this week, but the impending (or maybe not-so-impending) birth of our daughter has kept me pretty well confined to the house.

I don't know whether my 'nesting' instincts exist, because I certainly could have passed time by cleaning the house. My energy level is generally pretty good for this stage of pregnancy. The problem is, I didn't want to clean. I did do some cooking and baking, but mostly I sat around, watched TV, and contemplated the fact that my unborn daughter has apparently inherited a stubborn streak. (I'll let you determine which parent she gets it from! :)

Granted, Monday is my official due date, so I really can't complain too loudly. But when boredom becomes so extreme that one would rather experience childbirth, I think that speaks volumes.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I take credit (blame?) for the stubborn streak.